Monday, February 9, 2015

OH.MY.WORD


I like to pride myself on my ability to juggle life. I've always been better off busy. I love taking on projects and having goals. Right now however, I have to admit I've taken on more than I can handle. I woke up to a beautiful sunrise, rushed MD and her little brother to get ready and out the door to school and had a mini anxiety attack. Where do I even start?! My current commitments include Full time student, Full time mommy, Instagram for a Rescue I volunteer with, MD's crazy schedule of pageant and cheer practice, all on top of MD's daddy being gone on and off. It's not so much the constant to do's but more the lack of me time. I need to find a way to take an evening to myself. I recently read an article on why moms are bad friends and oh my gosh is it ringing so true lately. I simply do not have the time or the energy at the end of the day to be a good friend. I'm more often than not turning down invitations due to sickness, practice, schoolwork, etc. (Speaking of our Instagram Find us and follow, pretty please! Help us find these babies their humans!)

These crazy times certainly make me look back to when I was working 50+ hours a week and maintaining MD's crazy schedule with the help of our amazing nanny, Kasi and my bestie Christie. Our little family would not have made it without their help while MD's daddy was gone from May-Oct! Kasi even helped with Sergeant when he was just a pup! We will forever love and miss her! (no she's not dead, I'm still mourning the loss of her as our nanny over 1.5yrs later LOL) Here are some pics of MD from that summer! And how cute is baby Sergeant sitting for MD!              

 


It was my turn with this awful stomach bug our family cannot rid ourselves of so MD attended our friends Tea party baby shower without me. A friend of mine picked her up and let her tag along. BD and their brother had felt off all weekend as well. I took them (baby diva and their brother) for a walk while MD was at the baby shower so their daddy could get some work done hoping the fresh air would do them good! Apparently baby diva hasn't gotten over it yet since she's had 4 outfit changes today due to throwing up, ha! She started off all cutesy, then I gave up and went with pajamas! 

(MD with sweet Grace at the Baby Shower)
(Don't worry, I never walked away from her while she was in her bumbo...I had it in the bassinet because the dogs always manage to smack her in the face with their tails when we sit on the floor!)

I got the sweetest message about MD from my friend Rachel, who the shower was for. I was so disappointed I couldn't go and when she sent me this it warmed my heart, ha! She is such a sweet woman and I'm so excited for her to be an amazing role model for their sweet princess!

" I just wanted to tell you that it was such a pleasure having (MD) there. She was VERY adorable and so sweet. My mom talked about her for hours after the party last night. She said the sweetest things and toward the end was on the floor playing with Grace keeping her company so Amanda could walk around. I just thought you should know you had one very well behaved little lady who honestly made everyone's day!! Please tell her again that I said thank you for coming. "

I am so proud of MD for so many reasons. She is so talented at anything she sets her mind to and she is such a loving person. She has the biggest hear yet has plenty of Sass to balance it all out, ha ha. She is such a smart and driven little girl and I never, ever want to be the one to make her think she can't achieve anything! We will 100% back her passions and let her follow her dreams. Today MD is wearing her "work" outfit as she called it. These mini black slacks are THE most adorable thing I've seen! She topped it off with an Elsa(fishtail) braid and one of BD's new headbands from Claire's! OH, and the shoes! Of course with a work outfit you have to wear heels! 
(Sorry it's a bit blurry...My iPhone hadn't had it's coffee yet!)

Then, this afternoon I got another sweet message from a friend! The universe must have known I'd been feeling down and needed a little love. Hilary is the mom of one of the girls on MD's cheer team(They even share the same name, how cute!)  and we met at the gym. I absolutely adore her! They have the sweetest family(they are the ones that bought our pizza the night before our competition!). She just started her own blog and she text me to let me know she loves our blog and it inspired her. <3 AWWW <3 check her blog out! http://inhillville.blogspot.com/2015/02/when-baby-turns-one.html

Thanks again for catching up with us! Much love!



No comments:

Post a Comment