Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Late nights, Early mornings..

When you are a mother you sacrifice. It is just what you do. There is no longer an I in your vocabulary, rather WE. A friend may ask to go for coffee or grab some lunch and you simply reply WE can't because WE have a Dr's appointment. You hit a whole new level of exhaustion. No amount of wild nights in College could prepare you for the lack of sleep a mother of an infant experiences.(I was literally nodding off while eating dinner tonight). It can be one of the most difficult and overwhelming roles...And then this happens...
You snuggle your sweet, sweet baby as she falls asleep. You hold her tight and breathe a little easier. This is the most calming part of my day, everyday. I've had a long week but my sweet littles have reminded me today, each in their own way, just how worth it it truly is. 

Ok, Ok, I'm done being emotional...back to the fun!

 
We had a fabulous start to our week when we received a package from @sassybowco ! We got a few bows for sweet baby diva and of course MD had to try one on herself! These headbands are just too adorable, super affordable and I'm obsessed. They have a huge selection of all sorts of bows and headbands so there is definitely something for every type of diva!


These little love bugs had an amazing Valentine's day(we hope you did, too)! They had their school parties on Friday and were so excited to hand out their Valentine's and even more excited to get home and show us all the Valentine's they got from friends. MD's little brother went on all weekend about all his friends giving him cards and candy, it was so adorable. I love watching them use their big hearts and be so loving without any effort. 

MD's Daddy left us again this week for a little bit. Since we had a bit of a rough time this last separation we decided to get some Build A Bear's with a recording of my husband voice on them. The kids love them and it was fun to spoil them. I honestly wanted to cry as we made them because I hate that the kids have to be away from their dad...But the bears are great. We got the idea from my sweet friend Rachel, who said she wanted to do this for her Pug when her husband was away, haha. Their little pug, Ronnie, is hilariously cute and I about died when she told me the idea...but it was a fantastic one!

This week another spouse from the area had asked for help with a wreath she was making. I thought hey, it'd be nice to meet some more friends and head over and help but as I mentioned last week I truly have zero wiggle room in my crazy schedule so I told her I could just do it after I got the kids to bed. She dropped all her supplies she had purchased off and here is how it turned out. How cute, right! I think I need to make myself a few new door hangers for the Holiday's coming up! Crafts are my favorite kind of me time. I had also come across someone looking for a bow holder. I've seen enough examples to know they aren't exactly difficult to make so I gave it my best and she loves it. I added some hooks to the bottom for headbands as well. It hangs horizontally. I am thinking I need to make MD one of these!
We also got around to making our shadow boxes with our pensacola shells and Guantanamo Bay shells and sea glass! I LOVE how these turned out and they are now hanging in our bathroom! 
MD had pageant practice on Monday so the two youngest and me showed up a little early so we could sneak a peek at how she is doing. I really don't think pageants are her thing, as she's not constantly going on about it or seeming too excited talking about it like she does cheer, but she is making new friends and I love that. This may be just a one time thing and I'm glad she will have had a new experience and met some girls outside of her class at school. How cute is this little get up she had on Monday. Her leggings are from justice and I love them! 

Thanks for catching up with MD this week! Much Love



 

No comments:

Post a Comment