Saturday, February 7, 2015

Another Week Down


Well, it's saturday and we've been non stop all week of course. There seems to be no end to the chaos and everyone says we'll miss it someday....But can't we just squeeze a nap in, ha?  



Monday MD came home early sick from school. She's had a terrible infection she just cannot shake! My phone was dead so they called her daddy at work and I felt terrible. She said they tried calling me for a while before calling her daddy. I'm so bad about letting my phone go dead. Then again Thursday morning she was sick so I kept her from school. By 10am she had bounced back feeling just fine so we took the time to make her valentines box. They were instructed that they had to use  a shoebox so our ideas were limited but it still turned out pretty cute! MD did a lot of the cutting pictures out of magazines and placing herself! I did the glueing since we used a hot glue gun!

We also did a quick little photo shoot at the house! I found a cool blog called The CoffeeShop Blog and downloaded  a ton of actions and overlays that I wanted to try out. This is my first go at using any actions so go easy on me :)







I was doing MD's photos and of course her attention starved dogs had to jump in the mix so I took a few with them as well. MD is wearing my headband I scored at Ulta for $2 and a necklace I got from forever21 online for $3! 


Friday MD went back to school and BD and I ventured to a store called The Christmas Tree Shop for the first time! I love this glass bottle($1.99) that I now have our dish soap in and found this adorable table cloth on clearance for $3.97!!! Placemats were on sale for $1.25 and I got this farm for a very beautiful poster that my mom sent me from items she had of my grandmothers. MD is obsessed with Paris and the Eiffel Tower. I want to head back next week to get a basket to keep some toys for the kids down stairs! I am slowly trying to convert our house to an airy old farmhouse feel and this store can definitely help me do that on a budget!
      

Friday afternoon the person designing MD's Pageant dress and Pageant costume came over to show us some sketches, fabric and measure MD. Her sketches are amazing and she found some very cool fabrics on a budget! I'm very excited to see how these turn out! 





Today we headed to something called Cars and Coffee for the first time. It was a little bit chilly but it was a lot of fun for us and for the kids to just walk around. I was not expecting it to be as big of an event as it was but there were A TON of cars there. I loved seeing all of the different styles, different people and the old and new models.

 



MD helped me take photos of all the fun cars and trucks. The photo of the back of the FORD is one that she took! Pretty good for 6, huh! After Cars and Coffee we drove by a house in the area we are really interested in! If praying is your thing please pray for us on this matter. We are currently very unhappy in our house we are renting on post and LOVE this house we have found. It's an older home with amazing character, a yard for the kids and dogs, and enough room for all the chaos! Next, we headed to the mall so the kids could play at the play place there. They really enjoy playing there and I wanted to take BD to get her ears pierced! She did so well, only cried for a few minutes. Her grandma absolutely hates that I get the girls ears pierced before they can make the decision for themselves. While we were waiting to get them done the girls' brother and dad had a lot of fun in Claires, haha! 






No comments:

Post a Comment