Friday, July 10, 2015

Racing with a Diva


Our family was lucky enough to travel with my husband for his AIT in Pensacola, Florida. We were going to be moving from Minnesota to Florida, THE BEACH BABY! This was our first move with the Army. Our first experience with the Army. Our first look into what our life with the Army might be like. I had it all planned out. I was ready and very excited….

But it was our first Army experience. Nothing went according to plan. Everything that could go ‘wrong’ did. Many unexpected twists and turns were thrown at us. We were selling our home and planning ahead we had gotten a POA and the bank was not a fan of said POA, when hubby mailed a new POA the bank didn’t like the notaries stamp(I mean seriously), I wasn’t able to take the job my boss had worked very hard at helping me land, My husbands truck blew up and we had to leave it in MN to be repaired, we couldn’t get a house on the base my husband had training on and a lot of other trivial stuff that made my life hurt. 

But we made it there with the help of our friends loading us up and my mom driving across the country with us! It took us 3 whole days but we did it! As soon as my mom left I felt so alone. 

Then I did what any normal person would do. I tried making all sorts of local friends on Facebook, ha! They had ALL the answers! THEN I made VERY smart decision to participate in the color run with one of these said Facebook friends/complete strangers and drive over an hour with her to the run. 
SHINE

It was an absolute blast and I love Ashley and her little peanut! The color run was an amazing experience that I will forever cherish. It brought back my high spirits and encouraged me to get out there and try new things more often. My MD was only 4 at the time and rocked it out during the race! She was so excited every time we’d get color thrown at us! All the volunteers were great and would be extremely gentle when throwing the color bags on the little ones and MD would scream MORE at them, ha! Then the after race dance party….That was the highlight for her! 
SHINE
We were unable to do the color run last year since I had just had baby diva via csection but oh my gosh am I pumped for this years race! I plan on taking a million and one photos and dragging all my friends with! Who would have thought running was fun ;)

I highly encourage you to try and sign up for a local race!  Use our link for The Color Run and get $5 off registration!!! Good Luck Everyone! Share your color run photos and stories with us! 



1 comment:

  1. YESSSS!!! I have done it the past 2 years here in Augusta.. once while pregnant, once with G. Then 3 years ago I did it in Kansas City. It is the ONLY 5K I sign up to do every year... and I am a little sad that we will be in transition for it this year. I hope you all have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete