Sunday, January 18, 2015

MLK Weekend

Wow, I thought last weekend was busy...This weekend was pure chaos. 


First, MD's daddy had some things come up at work so rather than a 4 day weekend he has worked all weekend in preparation to leave us :(. It has been up in the air when he was leaving but now we know it's Soon! We don't know where he's going or when he's coming back and greatly appreciate prayers! 



Let me just tell you....Doing it all on your own with 3 is so 
much harder than 2 for some reason! Once again MD had 
a saturday cheer practice! Luckily it was 1-3 so we didn't 
have to be up at 6am to get ready for this one, ha!
They learned the ending of their routine and it is so stinking
 cute! We signed a contract stating we wouldn't show routine 
videos, so here is a cute pic of MD in her cheer uniform! 
  
So we spent the afternoon at Target while MD was at cheer! This weekend they have a great selection of clearance clothes with an additional 20% cartwheel! We got MD some shirts for less than $2! I didn't get much of a chance to look through the adult clothes since MD's little brother was restless but the cartwheel discount applies to ALL clearance clothing and ends today! Target is one of my fave couponing places :) The pic on the left is a shirt I got her from clearance and I just Love it! The Bow on the right is an accessory we won from Megan's Hair Candy! Check her stuff out on instagram @meganshaircandy or her etsy shop www.meganshaircandy.etsy.com


(Sorry for the blurry pic, but it was MD in true MD form, haha) RIGHT after cheer we raced off to MD's friends birthday party! It was an adorable Frozen party at this really cool pottery place and the kids got to make plates with either olaf or a handprint snowflake! MD and her little brother had a blast and I'm so glad we were able to make it. This place still doesn't quite feel like HOME but I'm glad to have met some of the other amazing mom/friends I have! I need to get out of the house more often so I remember this!




We skipped out on Church today. We are all exhausted and want to spend time together before MD's Daddy leaves. Plus, we have to go find him a little notebook he can bring with for skyping and finish his packing! He's totally anti-social media so he won't read this and I can tell you all my little secret. I did most of his early on packing since we thought he was just going to have time to grab a bag and hop on the plane. I hid little notes all over in his pockets saying we loved him and missed him, etc! Well then the a-hole comes home and starts rearranging everything packing new stuff and pulling out the stuff I already packed HAHA. Great, now I have to find a way to be sneaky and get the notes into the new pockets! 


Since I have you all here I'm going to open myself up to ridicule! I am taking some photography classes this semester as it's required for my degree (starting in Feb) and bought my camera last semester so I could practice. I want to be able to take my own photos of the kids! This is one I did of MD's little sister last week. Just in our home, using a flat sheet and natural lighting. Let me know what you think, where I can improve and any other tips you might be able to offer me! 

1 comment: