Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Street Smart, Sesame Street Smart!


Recently I've heard a lot in regards to children learning as much from episodes of Sesame Street as

they would attending a preschool program. I have to believe this to an extent but still believe a preschool program is beneficial. It has been especially helpful with my son and his ongoing SPD issues. Obviously I don't believe those behind the study are hoping to replace preschool programs with the television program but more so point out not all tv time is terrible.

Anyways, Back to our post....


WE WENT TO SESAME STREET LIVE! Thanks to the give away of tickets we hosted we were able to attend the show for free with our friend Amanda (check out her blog, Somewhere Over The Camo) and her little peanut and it was adorable. 

The characters, the set, all of it was just too cute! I was so excited...oh, the kids were, too! ;) This
show was about Grover's friend traveling from another country and how we should celebrate differences in cultures/people. What a great message, fun songs and awesome show. My littles loved dancing around and clapping to the music. I highly recommend attending a Sesame Street Live show if you get the chance! 

We weren't able to stay for most of the show as we had an emergency come up but the kids certainly enjoyed what we were there for.

QUICK SIDENOTE: I do wish I would have seen more seats filled at the show. It is amazing how frequently we say there is nothing to do with the kids or as a family and then we don't take advantage of all the things we are lucky to have in our area. We have to remember if we don't use it we lose it. I would hate for us to not get the opportunity to do things like this someday because of all the empty seats. 

3 comments:

  1. So glad we got to see yall! It was such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we got to see yall! It was such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! My son used to love Elmo.

    ReplyDelete